What Do You Need To Know About Bovine Colostrum?
Colostrum is a form of milk that is produced by mammary glands of mammals in the later stages of pregnancy and also right after birth till a period of time when the newborns need all the nutrients in a concentrated low-volume. It differs from the nutritional composition of regular milk and is far superior in terms of health benefits. Bovine colostrum is the first milk that cows produce after giving birth. As newborn mamals do not receive passive transfer of immunity via the placenta, colostrum should be fed to calves and children within thirty minutes of birth for maximum IgG absorption which helps them in their fight against infection.
So, What Are The Benefits of Bovine Colostrum To Humans?
Bovine colostrum is being used in health supplements and in the suggested as a treatment and potential prevention of a number of illnesses. Scientific studies reveal that it contains immunoglobulins that are specific to a number of human pathogens. Evidence to back it up comes from Albert Sabin’s use of the immunoglobulin in bovine colostrum while making his first oral polio vaccine.
In in recent years antibiotics are losing out to resistant strains of pathogens, and many people are turning to bovine colostrum supplements. Suggested by research when taken consistently, it can provide the following benefits:
- Improves intestinal health by providing in-situ protection in intestinal tract where influenza begins.
- Can combat chronic diarrhea in HIV infection.
- Builds lean muscle mass, improves performance and endurance in athletes. Tests and studies have been performed on cyclists, runners, triathletes, and others requiring high anaerobic power.
- Colostrum supplement also has the ability to help in quick recovery and restoration to earlier performance levels.
How To Choose High Quality Supplements Made From Bovine Colostrum?
A few points should be considered before you buy products that are made out of Bovine Colostrum
- Supplements sourced from organically raised, grass fed cows are safer and more effective.
- Colostrum should be collected within 24 hours of birthing as it will have more concentrated forms of beneficial components, IGF’s, LActoferin, and Immunoglobulin.
- Colostrum should contain no less than 30% Igg (immunoglobulin)
- Colostrum supplements must be processed using low-heat drying technique otherwise the colostrum can be denatured.
Exercise- a term that most of us would relate to in today’s world. Why? Because all of us need some form of exercises to keep our bodies functioning optimally as well as to keep a number of illnesses away. The benefits of exercising regularly are innumerable and there are strong scientific evidences to back up the claims.
For an active and healthy life, it is generally recommended to exercise for at least 45 minutes to an hour on a regular basis. Regular exercises can vary from brisk walking, jogging, cycling, running, boxing, skipping to any form of sports. Anything that can raise your heartbeat, make you breathe faster and feel warmer is good enough for a moderate intensity exercise regime. The focus here is not to attain any particular body shape but to reach a desired level of fitness for a healthier life.
How does exercise help in general?
Regular physical activity may lower the possibility of a number of diseases like:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary heart disease
- Colon and breast cancers
- Digestive problems like gastric issues and reflux
- High Blood Pressure
Exercise and the Digestive System
Blame it on technology or work culture, there is no denying that sedentary lifestyle is here to stay. Incorporating activity into our daily lives is the most challenging yet the most essential thing to do. Sitting down for longer periods of time can mess up with your digestion in a terrible manner. Gastroenterologists are of the opinion that exercise can strengthen the diaphragm muscles and help prevent reflux. They say that it helps in proper contraction of intestinal muscles and ensures smooth passage of food in the bowels which in turn helps to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Exercise and the Immune System
Although the link between exercise and immunity is yet to be fully established, research suggests that on exercising regularly, the organs of our body function properly may ward off unwanted diseases. The lymphatic system gets a boost to handle infections in a more efficient way and a number of problems like upper respiratory infections and digestive problems are reduced to a good extent with moderate intensity workout.
With the points discussed above, tt would be wise to remember that a moderate lifestyle and regular exercise can keep your digestive and immune systems healthy and may help to have you an active and long life.
The oil procured from the tissues of fish is known as fish oil. Fish oils reportedly contain Omega-3 fatty acids that have been found to lessen inflammation in the body. Omega-3 fatty acids cannot be made by the human body and hence must be obtained via diet or supplementation. The DHA and EPA that fish oil contains are of great interest to researchers and nutritionists because of their potential health benefits. Let us take a look at some of the research-sugested claims that have been made regarding the benefits of fish oil:
How is it being used?
- Research suggests that fish oil can be used to potentially minimize the chances of developing postpartum depression. A study conducted in 2011 by Dr. Michelle Price Judge of the University of Connecticut School Of Nursing showed that consuming acceptable amounts of DHA during pregnancy can significantly reduce symptoms of postpartum depression.
- Studies have also been conducted on expectant mothers in the third trimester and scientists have found that there have been improvements in foetal cognitive and motor development.
- American Journal Of Physiology had published a study that revealed how fish oil supplements taken over a period of 30 days lead to lesser mental stress in terms of cardiovascular health than those who did not take them.
- Fish oil supplements are great performance-enhancers for athletes. They promote muscle growth, improve performance and endurance and help in faster recovery.
How to choose the best fish oil supplement?
Fish oil supplements can vary from one brand to another. It is very important to be able to read and understand the label of ingredients in order to choose an effective supplementation. Here are a few pointers that must be remembered while buying one:
- The amount of total Omega-3 DHA and EPA contained in the supplement is the first thing to look for, this will help in improving recovery and reducing inflammation.
- The higher the percentage of EPA and DHA in the supplement, the more efficient it will be.
- The EPA and DHA should be contained in the form of triglycerides that have been proven by research to be 50% more bio-available than other ingredients.
- The fish oil must come from wild caught fish in order to ensure clean quality
- The product should be produced in small batches so as to make sure the supplement does not stay on the shelves for a long time and go bad.